Friday, 27 June 2014

Nixie Clues #4

Cold foggy morning
Image courtesy of dan | FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I've finally got a new set of (easy) cryptic clues for you to solve. Just the thing for a chilly winter's day. So get a cup of hot <insert favourite hot beverage name here>, and a pen, and let me know how you get on!


  1. Shame about poison for humans (4,7)
  2. Row of bushes missing first side (4)
  3. Citrus Mole misbehaving in post office (6)
  4. American city’s sample of  tomahawks (5)
  5. Khan plays test in Uzbek capital (8)
  6. Adhesive from grated tapes (5)
I will post the answers, with explanations, on Monday morning. Please don't give away the answers in your comments, just say 'I got it!' or similar — thanks :)

3 comments:

  1. I solved 1, 2, and 6. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to 3, but am not sure how it works.
    I think I know how 4 and 5 should work, but I haven't solved them.
    fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3,4 and 6 came easy. 1 was an obvious anagram and took a little work, 2 took even longer, 5 was harder still for me today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you nutted it out in the end!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.